The 2020-2021 Apprentices and Residents just kicked off our first ever totally virtual cohort during the National Apprenticeship Training, July 6-8, 2020. We may be socially distanced, but the world of starting beautiful new beloved communities continues, and so does our apprenticeship!
If you are currently leading an NWC and would like more support, or are exploring a call to be a part of this movement, we encourage you to apply to one of our apprenticeship and residency programs for 2021-2022.
The program, led by Sara Hayden, director of apprenticeships, residencies and leadership cohorts, has three major components:
- Inaugurating a contextual and transformative new ministry from scratch
- Participating in a cohort of peers and mentors for reflection, training and discernment
- Learning through a professional coaching session every three weeks
“We invest heavily in the apprenticeship model because we believe this work cannot be fruitfully done in isolation,” Hayden said. “Our peer cohort component encourages humility and mutual support. Concrete training gives participants access to insights many of us have learned the hard way and, over time, spiritual direction. Coaching ensures the work is contextual and sustainable, gospel-formed, motivated and inspired.”
Current program participants took part this summer in antiracism training led by the Open Table, a 1001 New Worshiping Community in Kansas City. The group also spent time team-building, experimenting with diverse models of worship, receiving asset-based leadership analysis training in StrengthsFinder, missional theological training, and developing skills in entrepreneurial leadership and faith-based formation.
Regardless of the program, all accepted applicants receive:
- discerning and starting new ministries from scratch
- a national training with all residents and apprentices during summer 2021
- a cohort of peers and mentors throughout the duration of the apprenticeship or residency
- one: one coaching with an experienced NWC coach
- a stipend to support their work
Apply by March 15, 2021
Scroll down for more information on our programs
This program is open to people at any stage of the life. We have had college students, seminarians, seminary grads, pastors, and other professionals successfully complete an apprenticeship or residency.
Contact Sara Hayden for information
Apprenticeship Applications are available now!
Shalom Intl Ministry
Stone Mountain, GA
La Roca Centro de Capacitación
New York, NY