Theology, Formation & Evangelism brings together several ministries that form and transform disciples, leaders, congregations and new worshiping communities. Our ministries are diverse but each empowers a unique witness to Jesus Christ: 1001 New Worshiping Communities, the Company of New Pastors, Financial Aid for Service, Evangelism, Theological Education, Theology and Worship, and Youth/College/Young Adult ministries.
Our work is broken into two groups that partner together to help grow and guide the church and those who work in the service of Christ.
- 1001 New Worshiping Communities, which aims to create and support new congregations
- Age and Stage Formation, which has extensive information for youth pastors and other staff members who are nurturing young Presbyterians
- Camps and Conference Centers, which provides support to Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) affiliated camps and conference centers located throughout the U.S.
- Vital Congregations provides training, materials and consultation in planting and growing new congregations.
- Collegiate Ministries (UKirk), which operate ministry programs on college campuses throughout the U.S.
- Engage, our evangelism curriculum to engage congregations in the gospel, discipleship and mission
- Men of the Church
- Young Adult Ministries (What’s Next What’s Now), which equips young adults in the journey of faith
- Older Adult Ministries
- Presbyterian Council for Chaplains and Military Personnel (PCCMP), which recruits, endorses, and pastorally supports chaplains serving federal agencies (DOD, VA, DOJ)
- Office of Christian Formation
Theology and Worship
- Company of New Pastors, a mentoring program that works with new pastors to help them through seminary and into the first year of ministry
- Financial Aid for Service, which provides grants to institutions and scholarships to individuals to help offset the cost of education
- Interfaith Relations, which helps individuals and churches create cooperative, nurturing relationships
- Theological Conversations, which offers thoughtful theological discorse on important issues
- Theological Education, which supports and promotes the work of PC(USA) seminaries
- Worship, which offers extensive resources for pastors and congregations in planning weekly worship service and special services