The Office of Christian Formation seeks to honor the unique gifts, challenges and opportunities that come with every age and stage in a person’s lifetime of faith formation. We introduce and provide resources for essential Christian practices that can be followed by churches, in families, by individuals young and older, in communities, small groups, classrooms and retreats. The following resources come from our office, departments within the Presbyterian Mission Agency, other agencies within the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and our partner associations.
Quicksheets are 2-3 page PDF’s full of ministry ideas and links to other resources on a variety of topics in the area of Christian Formation. We offer the following resources to support leaders and congregations:
- Remote Faith Formation with Guidelines for Re-Entry
This UPDATED resource includes a pared-down list of online resources and has now been updated to include guidelines for re-entry to Education/Formation Programs
- Beginning Conversations for Re-Entry
While some restrictions are being lifted in some places and for some people, the ongoing threat of the Covid-19 global pandemic will require that we return to church in a way that is measured and mindful of the needs of the most vulnerable among us. Here are some resources and things to consider as you prepare to meet with your leadership.
- Trauma Information Ministry
Intergenerational Ministry Resources
Children’s Ministry Resources
Youth Ministry Resources
- Prayer and Spirituality Resources
- Parents and Caregivers Resources
- Worship and Seasons of the Church
- Supporting Leaders of Youth Ministry
- Youth Group, Bible Study and Programs
- Spanish Resources
- Mission and Social Justice Resources
Youth Quicksheets Index
Young Adults/Collegiate Ministry Resources
- Connecting with UKirk Collegiate Ministries
- What’s Next After Youth Ministry
- Board Members Guide
- Being Grounded, Campus Ministry and Mental Health
- Mental Health Issues on College Campuses
- Celebrating the LGBTQA+ Community
- Guide for Maximizing Social Media Use
- How to Help Students Articulate Their Values
- Worship Themes and Sermon Series
- How to Start a UKirk Ministry
- Lost in Authenticity – Pastoring in a Pandemic
Adult/Older Adult Ministry Resources
- Mental Health Matters: An overview of mental health issues that affect older adults. (Part One)
- Stay Connected Screen Free
- Grandparents, Godparents and Faith
- Supporting Older Adults During COVID-19
- Online Memorial Services
- Grief: The importance and challenging blessing of mourning
- Returning to Public Worship: Theological and Practical Considerations
- Considerations for Worship in Virtual Space
- Communion in an Emergency Pandemic
- On Baptism and Ordination in a Time of Pandemic
- Online Memorial Services
- Engaging in New Modes of Ministry
- Discerning New Modes of Ministry
- How to Start a Prayer Group
- Worship Books and Intergenerational Ministry
- This is My Song
- Making Music in the Meantime
- Holy Humor
Special Emphasis Day Resources
The PC(USA) offers a central online store where you can find all PC(USA)-produced books, curriculum and resources in one place.
- The PC(USA) Store is a comprehensive selection of PC(USA) resources that supports age and stage formation.
- The NEW Follow Me Curriculum is for all ages and focuses on faith practices.
- The Thoughtful Christian
- To find a comprehensive list of curriculum, check out the Christian Education and Church Ministries downloadable catalog.
Other Presbyterian Mission Agency Resources
Compassion, Peace & Justice ministries has resources for study and reflection in relation to peacemaking; hunger; racial, gender and intercultural justice ministries; self-development of people; and public witness. Plan to recognize the Season of Peace each September and find engaging curriculum and resources to study peacemaking with all ages.
Special Offerings of the PC(USA) are a collective witness to Jesus Christ’s love for the whole church. Each offering has resources for reflection and study. The Pentecost Offering resources include curriculum for children, connections to worship and activities for the whole church.