Welcome to the front page of the Mission Agency’s student loan assistance programs! If you are serving in the Presbyterian Church (USA) and are looking for relief from your student loan debt, you are in the right place.
Find the title below which best describes you. Click the link beside it and you will be taken to a page with more information on eligibility and how to apply. Even if you aren’t sure if you are eligible, it never hurts to apply! All our applications are one page long and very simple to complete.
- Teaching Elder/Minister of the Word and Sacrament | Click here to learn more.
- PCUSA Member serving a PC(USA) organization | Click here to learn more.
- Commissioned Ruling Elder | Click here to learn more.
- Young Adult Volunteer | Click here to learn more.
- PCUSA Member looking for ways to manage their educational debt | See below for free resources for managing debt
Managing Educational Debt: Income Driven Repayment
Financial Aid for Service is offering short instructional videos to help recent graduates navigate student loan repayment. The first video below was created to help church members use the repayment features of widely available federal student loan programs.
Repayment: What to Expect
If you are a recent graduate, now is the time to start making payments on your student loans. Manage your student loans; don’t let your student loans manage you! The US Department of Education has some great resources at www.studentloans.gov. Here’s another video that takes loan repayment step by step.
How to Manage Your Student Loans
There is no shame in having trouble making payments. You are not alone. 3.9 million borrowers had enrolled in income driven repayment plans as of 2015. This video lays out your payment options if the standard repayment plan is not feasible.