The Office of Christian Formation seeks to honor the unique gifts, challenges and opportunities that come with every age and stage in a person’s lifetime of faith formation. We introduce and provide resources for essential Christian practices that can be followed by churches, in families, by individuals young and older, in communities, small groups, classrooms and retreats. The following resources come from our office, departments within the Presbyterian Mission Agency, other agencies within the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and our partner associations.
The PC(USA) offers a central online store where you can find all PC(USA)-produced books, curriculum and resources in one place.
- The PC(USA) Store is a comprehensive selection of PC(USA) resources that supports age and stage formation.
- To find a comprehensive list of curriculum, check out the Christian Education and Church Ministries downloadable catalog.
- From toddlers to confirmation to adult Bible study, the store offers resources and curriculum supported by the Presbyterian Publishing Corporation, the publishing house of the PC(USA), Geneva Press curriculum publishing and other agency partners.
Youth Ministry Resources
In the midst of a beautiful and broken world, we have a vision for ministry with young people that unites youth in Christ with all other generations and proclaims the love of God without end. We offer the following resources to support youth leaders and congregations:
- Youth Ministry Resources – NEW 2019 Quick Sheets for youth ministry, mission and educational ministries
- Prayer and Spirituality Resources
- Parents and Caregivers Resources
- Worship and Seasons of the Church
- Supporting Leaders of Youth Ministry
- Youth Group, Bible Study and Programs
- Spanish Resources
The Office of Christian Formation is proud to be a supporting partner of d365.org, a great daily devotional website/app. The goal of d365 is to provide inspirational and relevant reflections on Scripture for young people.
Presbyterian Youth Triennium is a gathering for high school age youth from the PC(USA) and Cumberland Presbyterian Church that occurs every three years. The 2019 event is set for July 16–20 at Purdue University.
Faith Formation Resources from the Presbyterian Mission Agency
Faith formation happens in the classroom, on retreats and mission trips, in worship and in our homes. The departments within the Presbyterian Mission Agency reflect that our faith is continually being formed as churches live out the message of Jesus. Here are some highlighted resources from these departments:
Compassion, Peace & Justice ministries has resources for study and reflection in relation to peacemaking; hunger; racial, gender and intercultural justice ministries; self-development of people; and public witness. Plan to recognize the Season of Peace each September and find engaging curriculum and resources to study peacemaking with all ages.
Special Offerings of the PC(USA) are a collective witness to Jesus Christ’s love for the whole church. Each offering has resources for reflection and study. The Pentecost Offering resources include curriculum for children, connections to worship and activities for the whole church.
Christian Formation Collective
We have partnered with five associations to support age and stage formation across a lifetime of Christian formation. Church staff, leaders and volunteers can access the resources, projects and support that each of these organizations offer.