We will not be offering a summer apprenticeship program, but check back with us in 2021.
Leaders of new worshiping communities face the daunting challenge of creating something new that is both contextual and transformative. We want to help. 1001 New Worshiping Communities offers several different training and support mechanisms to enhance your experience and help you and your team start strong – with the support you need to thrive.
If you are currently leading an NWC and would like more support or are exploring a call to be a part of this movement, we encourage you to apply to one of our apprenticeship and residency programs for 2020-2021. Regardless of the program, all accepted applicants take part in:
- discerning and starting new ministries from scratch
- a 3.5-day national training with all residents and apprentices, summer 2020
- a cohort of peers and mentors throughout the duration of the apprenticeship or residency
- one: one coaching with an experienced NWC coach
- a stipend of $3600 (nine-month) or $2600 (Summer)
We have two apprenticeship opportunities: One for ten weeks over the summer in Los Angeles and one that takes place in your local context, part-time, September-May. All leaders receive:
- the opportunity to start something new, and coaching to help you do it;
- training and discernment in new worshiping community work as a part of a diverse cohort of colleagues;
- one-on-one coaching from a mentor experienced in the inauguration of new ministries;
- access to national leaders to help you navigate the dynamics and opportunities involved in starting ministries that are both contextual and transformational.
- National Training this summer: July 5-9, Bay area
- Summer Dates- We will not be offering a summer apprenticeship program, but check back with us in 2021
- Nine-month dates: Sept 10, 2020-May 13, 2021; coaching will continue through summer 2021
All apprentices and residents will participate in a national training. Costs associated with this training are covered by the Presbyterian Mission Agency. Participants will team-build, experiment in diverse models of worship, receive asset-based leadership analysis training in StrengthsFinder, receive missional theological training, and develop skills in entrepreneurial leadership and faith-based formation.
All applicants for the program will be notified by April 1, assuming they applied by the deadline. Then, we will begin matching them with coaches and partners. Once matched, the coach and apprentice will complete a covenant together outlining additional learning opportunities the apprentice will receive.
Are apprentices matched with a partner site?
All summer apprentices are supervised by Northland Village Church and Cyclical LA. Summer apprentices stay in Los Angeles or surrounding area. Apprentices are responsible for housing.
No summer apprenticeship program in 2020, check back with us in 2021.
If you are interested in being part of a future apprenticeship group, we’d love to talk with you. If you have questions or want to talk this through, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.