Application Dates for 2018/2019 YAV year:
October 1, 2017 – Applications Open January 1, 2018 -Round 1- (All sites available, early placement)
- March 1, 2018 – Round 2 – (Most sites available, final date to apply to international sites)
- June 1, 2018 – Round 3 – (National sites only, limited spots available)
Read about current Austin YAV Elizabeth Welliver’s reflection on “Why YAV?”
Miami YAV alum Natalie Wolf wrote a blog post documenting her advice and experience with the YAV application. Enjoy!
Personal Information, Church Information, Education, Employment (Please make sure your contact info is correct with a valid and long-term email address)
Reflection Questions (1000 Character limit on all essay questions)
- What has led you to apply for service with the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)? Why do you feel that the Young Adult Volunteer program is the right fit for you?
- Describe an area of your life in which you have recently grown in your Christian faith. How did you see God at work in the process?
- Describe an experience you have had with a person or group from another race, religion, culture or country. What did you learn from that experience? What, if any, impact did that experience have on your life?
(Returning YAVs will answer different essay questions)
Applicants must be US residents or persons living in the United States to apply.
First year applicants: *Pastoral reference and **Professional reference needed
*Pastoral: A faith-leader who is able to comment on the applicant’s faith journey and spiritual readiness towards a YAV year (Examples include, but not limited to: church pastor, campus minister, youth pastor, chaplain, spiritual director)
**Professional: Someone able to provide informed feedback on the applicant from a work place setting (Examples include, but not limited to: supervisor, professor, intern director)
Returning YAVs: Site Coordinator and Work Placement Supervisor references
For each reference, the following info is needed:
- Phone number
Please do not list family members as a reference.
You will be emailed each time one of your references completes their form. If you have not received such an email, your references are not complete. You’re able to check on your Application Dashboard which references are complete. Please contact Bridgette Lewis (email@example.com; 888-728-7228 x5274) if you need assistance with your reference forms or other parts of your application.