About Our Office
The Office of Gender, Racial & Intercultural Justice in the Presbyterian Mission Agency assists the church in this commitment to become more open and inclusive in an effort to create an environment where a person’s identities, whatever they may be, do not hinder their ability to fully live out their call in the church and society. The goal of this office is to provide workshops, publications, and information that centers around the intersection of race and gender.
If you are seeking support or resources in your congregation or mid council toward achieving racial equity and gender justice, please contact Samantha Paige Davis (she/they), Associate for Gender, Racial & Intercultural Justice, for further information, assistance or to arrange a consultation.
Training and workshops
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the workshops, trainings and other educational events available through the offices of Gender and Racial Justice and Racial and Intercultural Justice.
- Antiracism Training
- Facing Racism Policy
- Cultural Humility
- Intersectional Justice
- Unpacking Gender
- Creating a Welcoming and Affirming Space with Our Family in the LGBTQIA Community
- Power and Privilege
- Reproductive Justice
- Radical Welcome
Doctrine of Discovery
The 222nd General Assembly (2016) of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) called the church to confess its complicity and repudiate the Doctrine of Discovery. The action also called for a review of the history of the doctrine and the writing of a report on the doctrine.
Resources for Antiracism Work
- Well Chosen Words – Spanish
- Well Chosen Words – Korean
- Well Chosen Words – English
- 2018 Redbook
- Facing Racism: A Vision of the Intercultural Community Policy
- Facing Racism: A Vision of the Intercultural Community Study Guides
- Engaging the Confession of Belhar
- Race, Reconciliation and Reformation – resources from the Big Tent
- One Church, One Book – resources to engage Waking Up White
- Shifting Accountability for Racial Ethnic Ministries in the PC(USA) from Variety to Equity study guide
- Becoming the Beloved Community Antiracism Packet from Presbyterian Women in the PC(USA)
- Lilly Endowment’s Clergy Renewal Programs: the grants represent the Endowment’s continued investment in renewing the health and vitality of American Christian congregations.
Resources for Gender Justice Work
- LGBTQIA+ Bibliography
- LGBTQIA+ Frequently Asked Questions
LGBTQIA+ Deepening Our Understanding: A Resource In Transgender Identity