About Our Office
The Office of Racial, Gender and Intercultural Justice in Racial Equity & Women’s Intercultural Ministries (RE&WIM) and Compassion, Peace, and Justice offers workshops, trainings and other educational events to help participants initiate conversations around antiracism work in their mid councils, congregations and communities.
In cultural humility and antiracism trainings and workshops, participants will explore systemic racism and examine their experiences related to race and to the power and privilege that sustains racism. Tools and resources presented to help participants take next steps in disruption racism and engaging in work for racial equity will range from interactivities to the churchwide policy Facing Racism: A Vision of the Intercultural Community, approved by the 222nd General Assembly (2016), the six-part study guide on the policy and more.
The office works in partnership with other offices in Racial Equity & Women’s Intercultural Ministries; Compassion, Peace & Justice; the Presbyterian Mission Agency and the Office of the General Assembly to help Presbyterians address racial justice issues through advocacy and witness.
Training and workshops
Contact email@example.com for more information about the workshops, trainings and other educational events available through the Office of Racial, Gender and Intercultural Justice.
Doctrine of Discovery
The 222nd General Assembly (2016) of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) called the church to confess its complicity and repudiate the Doctrine of Discovery. The action also called for a review of the history of the doctrine and the writing of a report on the doctrine.
Resources for Antiracism Work
- 2018 Redbook
- Facing Racism: A Vision of the Intercultural Community Policy
- Facing Racism: A Vision of the Intercultural Community Study Guides
- Engaging the Confession of Belhar
- Race, Reconciliation and Reformation – resources from the Big Tent
- One Church, One Book – resources to engage Waking Up White
- Shifting Accountability for Racial Ethnic Ministries in the PC(USA) from Variety to Equity study guide
- Becoming the Beloved Community Antiracism Packet from Presbyterian Women in the PC(USA)