October 10-17, 2022
Join us in building more equitable and ecological food & farm systems!
We envision a world where everyone has enough affordable, healthy and culturally appropriate food where no one is hungry, and where all who work in the food chain
are fairly compensated, respected and celebrated!
The Global Food Week of Action includes World Food Day (Oct. 16), International Day for Rural Women (Oct. 15), and International Day for the Eradication of Poverty (Oct. 17).
2022 Food Week of Action
People and Planet First is the theme of this year’s Oct. 10–17 Food Week of Action. ‘People and Planet First’ mean prioritizing family farmers, fishers and others producing in harmony with nature – agroecologically – and achieving food sovereignty. As communities continue to face the pandemic and vulnerable food chains, we realize the necessity of building resilient agricultural systems that protect and cool the planet and put farmers and workers first. This year’s Food Week will highlight groups and initiatives that are building an equitable and sustainable food systems, while also tackling the economic and racial drivers of hunger, poverty, and oppression.
Publicize your event, action or worship service happening in October, during Food Week, or on World Food Day!
Fill out this form to get your event on the map.
Bring food sovereignty to your church, community and town. Download the Food Sovereignty for All: Overhauling Our Food System with Faith-Based Initiatives Guide and make a plan to do the Just Eating? Practicing Our Faith at the Table curriculum. pcusa.org/justeating
- PHP Response to Extreme Hunger and Famine
- Harvest of Justice Resources: Farmworkers and Food Justice
- Just Transition: A Framework for Change – from the Climate Justice Alliance
- Leaders of Color Discuss Structural Racism and White Privilege in the Food System from Civil Eats
- Mass Incarceration: A Major Cause to Hunger — from Bread for the World, as part of their Racial Wealth Gap Learning Simulation resources (new at org/simulation)
- Agroecology: Putting Food Sovereignty into Action | Poner la Soberanía Alimentaria en Práctica (en español)
Worship and Theological Resources
- Ten Commandments of Food
- Food Week bulletin Insert
- Food Week Liturgy
- World Food Day Prayer
- Seven Prayers for Food Week of Action