The Presbyterian Hunger Program is prioritizing work on famine and extreme hunger
By Eileen Schuhmann | Presbyterian Hunger Program
The Presbyterian Hunger Program (PHP) is working to support grassroots organizations in Somalia, Yemen, South Sudan and Nigeria in their efforts to provide emergency food relief and rebuild livelihoods in communities faced with extreme hunger and famine. PHP has created a Famine webpage in efforts to educate Presbyterians on famine and the harsh realities faced by the communities our partners are working to serve. The webpage is also a place to find resources to use in church and opportunities for individual action. We will be adding resources as they become available.
- Famine Fact Sheet – learn about the drivers and realities of famine
- Fact Sheet on the Four Famines – Somalia, Yemen, South Sudan, Nigeria
- Poster “When were you hungry?”
- Bulletin insert “I was hungry and you gave me food”
Urge Congress to:
- Advance global nutrition.
- Support peace building in South Sudan.
- Urge Congress to end U.S. military participation in Yemen.
- Contact your U.S. Representative at 202-225-3121 and your Senators at 202-224-3121. Let them know you oppose further cuts to the International Affairs Budget, so that the U.S. can continue to respond to famine and other global hunger crises.