Ministries with Youth Goes “Back to School!
As youth and youth leaders prepare for a new school year AND Christian Education year – the Ministries with Youth team offers several practical and helpful resources.
Daily Devotion “Back to School” series kicks off on Monday, August 13th. With over 2 million visitors every year – the d365.org app and website are a powerful tool for engaging youth with scripture, prayer and practical reflection. The “Back to School” seasonal series is especially fun and designed to hit ALL THE FEELINGS and ALL THE EXPERIENCES one encounters as a new school year begins (anxiety, tiredness, new people, new classes, old friends, goals, lack of goals and hopefulness). Associate for Youth, Gina Yeager-Buckley kicks off the “Back to School” feature as the writer for Week #1 (August 13th – 19th).
Quicksheets are fast and easy to use resources. They are free, downloadable pdfs – written by youth workers, children’s ministry leaders, and Christian Formation practitioners.
For “Back to School” ideas, practices and experiences we suggest these Quicksheets:
- Quicksheet #66: Back2School – Ideas for Observing
- Quicksheet #39: A Time to Celebrate: Back to School
For New Calendar / CE Year Planning we suggest these Quicksheets:
- Quicksheet # 63 Christian Formation A-G
- Quicksheet #49 New Year, New Opening Night Ideas
- Quicksheet #47 Get Your Youth Planning: Play Presbyland
- Quicksheet # 45 What You Wish Your Parents Knew About Their Teens: Guidelines for Parents to Stay Engaged with Faith Formation
- Quicksheet # 61 All Saints Day – Ideas for Observing and Learning
- Quicksheet # 64 Sunday School Wasn’t Working: A Case Study of One Church’s Shift to Try a New Approach
- Quicksheet # 41 Called To Serve: Ideas for Commissioning, Equipping and Nurturing Youth Youth Workers
- Quicksheet #18 Transitioning Teens: Enjoyable and Meaningful Transitions from Children to Youth Ministry
Get READY for the 2019 Presbyterian Youth Triennium — a gathering for high school age youth from the Presbyterian Church (USA) and the Cumberland Presbyterian Church (entering 9th grade through graduated 12th grade)!
Purdue University, July 16-20, 2019.
Find out more about registration, event plans, volunteering, the theme and more by visiting https://presbyterianyouthtriennium.org.
For a printable informational flier, please click here.
The Office of Christian Formation is proud to be a supporting partner of d365.org, a great daily devotional website/app. The goal of d365 is to provide inspirational and relevant reflections on scripture for young people. The devotional experience is written especially for students and seeks to provide reflections on themes that impact our faith journey. We hope that d365 will create a quiet space in your life for meditation and prayer. We encourage you to check it out with the youth in your life. Visit d365.org (or download the app on your phone and Pause, Listen, Pray, Think and Go.
Check out these recent Quicksheets:
- Christian Formation from A to G
- Our Sunday School Wasn’t Working: Alternative Sunday School Ideas
- Christian Formation Conversation Starters