Learn how you can become involved with the work of Self-Development of People.
How to get involved
“A ministry of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), Self-Development of People is a partnership of love, justice and empowerment reflecting the image of God who stands with all people”
Are there economically poor communities near your church? Would you like your congregation to become engaged in reaching out to such communities of need? Are you interested in learning how you and your congregation can become involved in the ministry of Self-Development of People?
Ways you and your congregation can be involved in the Self-Development of People Ministry
- Promote and interpret the SDOP ministry and promote the One Great Hour of Sharing Offering, including all three of its ministries: Self-Development of People, Presbyterian Hunger Program and Presbyterian Disaster Assistance.
- Assist your congregation in its understanding of the SDOP ministry.
- Invite SDOP committee members to speak to your congregation, presbytery/ synod meetings, mission fair, etc. Send an email.
- Serve on the SDOP committee within the bounds of your Presbytery or Synod, if there is not a committee, consider establishing one.
- Submit a form to the General Assembly nominating committee to serve on the National Committee.
- Donate to Self-Development of People.
Being a part of this ministry provides an opportunity to positively impact the lives of economically poor, oppressed, and disadvantaged people around the world.