Discover an old country
Travel to Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh
June 3-14, and September 16-27, 2013
- Learn about Armenian history, culture and politics
- Participate in excursions to historical sites and cultural attractions
- Experience rural life and visit Armenian families
- See Jinishian Memorial Foundation (JMF) in action and meet JMF beneficiaries and partner organizations
- Learn about the global economy and existing socio-economic problems in Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh
- Discover ways to become involved in making positive social change
- Visit a variety of JMF projects. Meet with farmers using JMF microcredit loans to expand their agricultural productions
- Meet high school students participating in Armenia's first high school debate clubs initiated by JMF that engage students in civil society and see much more
- Visit Echmiadzin, the spiritual center of Armenia, and other historical sites
- Spend three days in Nagorno-Karabakh visiting historical sites and ancient churches in Gandzasar, Shushi and Stepanakert
- Shop in Armenia’s largest open air marketplace, the Vernissage, and discover Armenian carpets, local art work, handcrafted jewelry, carved wood ornaments and more
How to participate
If you are interested in the Jinishian Memorial Program Study Tour please completely fill out the application and pre-tour questionnaire. Return both documents along with your deposit of $500 to Jinishian Memorial Program (contact below). You may also want to read itineraries and description of projects to get a better understanding of what the tour will involve.
The cost of the trip is $2500 per person. This trip is land only to allow you the option of airlines and best fares as well as the opportunity to extend your trip on an independent basis. U.S. domestic and international air transportation to and from Armenia are not included. However, all ground transportation in Armenia for the duration of the trip is included. Once accepted, participants will need to make their own flight arrangements to and from Armenia. For air travel and visa guidance, please visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Republic of Armenia Web site.
Proceeds of the Jinishian Memorial Program (JMP) Study Tours will go toward JMP projects in Armenia
The purpose of this trip is to build support of JMP’s mission, enabling Armenians in need to move from poverty and despair to self-sufficiency and hope — through relief, development and spiritual uplift. The study tours do not include significant elements of personal pleasure, recreation or vacation. The study tours do include a few excursions to historical sites and cultural events. The intent of the excursions is to learn about the Armenian culture, history and politics, which are relevant to understanding the work of JMP and the people it serves. The study tours will also have periods of group discussions and reflections for individuals to process what they have observed and learned during the trip. The knowledge gained on the excursions and during periods of reflection will help participants to understand JMP’s mission and to educate people about the root causes of poverty and social justice issues in the Armenian context.
For more information please contact:
Eliza Minasyan, Program Manager
Jinishian Memorial Program
Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
100 Witherspoon Street, Louisville, KY 40202
Tel: (888) 728-7228 x5291
Fax: (502) 569-5704
Learn more about the study tours
Download the sample itinerary of the tours and description of projects
The Armenian Reporter covered Jinishian's inaugural study tour in 2009 — read the article: Jinishian Memorial Foundation delegation visits Armenia and NKR.