Connect with the PC(USA)
Mission Program Grants
The Office of Mission Program Grants offers programs intended to provide operating funding for the establishment of new worshiping communities and for supporting presbyteries’ work in encouraging continual congregational transformation.
The processes encourage local accountability, rewards risk taking and innovative thinking and enables flexibility in the types of ministries that are considered for assistance.
The Presbytery Grant for Congregational Transformation provides grants of up to $50,000 for two years to support presbyteries in their work of continually transforming existing congregations.
The New Worshiping Communities Seed Grant provides an initial $7,500 for the first twelve months of ministry and then the potential for an additional $25,000 Investment Grant for the next eighteen months of ministry and followed by the possibility of $25,000 from the Growth Grant.
All new worshiping community leaders are eligible to apply for the Health Insurance Grant worth $1,500 per year and is twice renewable.
We also sponsor the Sam & Helen R. Walton Award to help excellent new congregations with their capital expenses.
Tim McCallister, Associate
Are you interested in reaching loyal, long-time readers who are active and heavily involved in their churches and communities? Learn more about advertising in Presbyterians Today. Fill out a simple form and receive the 2015 Presbyterians Today Media Kit.
Why choose the PC(USA)?
Some congregations are wrestling with whether or not to maintain their connection to the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). Here are just a few of the many reasons for them to choose to remain within the denomination.
► See also Why I Belong
Are you a mandatory reporter for child abuse?
What is the definition of child abuse? How do I report suspected abuse? Check out this PDF slideshow presentation especially designed for those in ordained office.
With almost 200 mission workers in over 50 countries, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) has been sending mission co-workers around the world continuously since 1837. The year 2012 marked the 175th anniversary of international mission by the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church. Watch this video to learn more!
Daily Devotions for Youth and Youth Leaders
Daily devotions with depth for young people! d365.org is an online devotion site designed for youth and youth leaders.
Explore Food Crisis Topics
“To neglect the deprived and powerless is to reject Christ, who encounters us in the hundreds of millions of the hungry, thirsty, naked, sick, imprisoned and alienated people of today’s world, all of whom make a rightful claim for just and compassionate responses."
- PC(USA) RSS Feeds
- PC(USA) on Facebook
- PC(USA) on Pinterest
- PC(USA) on YouTube
- PC(USA) on Twitter
- Presbyterian Church Volunteer Village created hub for those helping rebuild homes post Sandy http://t.co/xKOWz6UNPY via @FiOS1NewsNJ #PCUSA 0 minutes ago
- Cultivating hope against incredible odds in Palestinian territory http://t.co/ap6VX8tsTh #Israel #Palestine #PCUSA 0 minutes ago
- Register for 11/3 webinar on #Ebola & its growing implications for #health, #hunger & livelihoods http://t.co/SgHOPfBa1g #PCUSA 13 hours, 11 minutes ago
- .@BoardofPensions meeting urged the #PCUSA's pension and healthcare agency to be optimistic http://t.co/0SvaWgMynm 18 hours, 41 minutes ago
- Museum of the #Bible aims for timeless name, imagery http://t.co/I8BRDyS7wx via @RNS #religion #faith 22 hours, 17 minutes ago
- Read about new worshiping community bringing "wings and prayer" to the streets http://t.co/f6DIoV93jT #evangelism #churchplanting #PCUSA 1 day, 19 hours ago
- Refugees fleeing Iraq Christian torment enter Jordan in droves http://t.co/c3gNsgzQep #religion #news 1 day, 22 hours ago
Most Popular Resources View all
News & Announcements View all
Cultivating hope against incredible odds in Palestinian territory Read
Tent of Nations
The Reformation was never univocal, says Mexican Reformed theologian
Meeting includes celebration of Frank Maloney’s 40-year career Read
BOP’s Spencer charts ‘optimistic’ course
ACT Alliance elects new moderator, approves new strategic plan
Presbytery and synod news