New essay topic to be announced on March 1.
The Samuel Robinson Award is offered to college juniors and seniors attending a Presbyterian-related college or university. Students must recite from memory, the responses to the 107 questions in the Westminster Shorter Catechism. Students have up to 18 months from the start of the recitation to complete the recitation. In 2022, eligible applicants will be college students graduating in 2022 or 2023.
Students graduating in 2024 or later should visit the Presbyterian Scholarship for Undergraduates.
- Successfully recite the answers to the Westminster Shorter Catechism.
- Westminster Shorter Catechism (English)
- Westminster Shorter Catechism (Spanish)
- Be members of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
- Be a junior or senior attending a Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)-related college or university
In addition to the recitation, students may write an essay on an assigned topic or complete a project to be considered for additional awards.
Range of awards
Up to $2,000(Recitation Only)
Supplemental: $3,000-$4,000 (Recitation and Essay)
Deadline: Quarterly, third Monday of March, June, September, December
Start an application on Kaleidoscope
PC(USA) Related Schools