Presbyterian Study Grant is the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)’s financial aid program for students planning for careers in the church. The program serves approximately 120 students per year. Because the number of students awarded is significantly less than the number of students enrolled in seminary, there are additional restrictions. Only MDiv and MACE students are eligible for award and those students must be enrolled full-time and demonstrate need. MDiv students entering seminary must be under care of Presbytery, and advanced to Candidacy by November 1 of the student’s third year of studies to continue to be eligible. MACE students must be a member of a Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) congregation.
Presbyterian Study Grant applications that are found to be complete for students eligible to receive an award are considered by reading committee. No more than 120 students are awarded each year. After a student is selected for a Presbyterian Study Grant award, the student is evaluated for supplemental grants based on need. Supplemental grants are awarded to promote diversity, and/or to observe donor restrictions.
- Active member of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
- Limited to MDiv and/or MACE
- MACE students are not required to be Inquirer/Candidate
- MDiv (also MDiv/Dual Degree) students entering years 1 and 2 must be an Inquirer or Candidate
- MDiv (also MDiv/Dual Degree) students entering year 3 must be a Candidate
- Normally enrolled full time at a PC(USA) related seminary
- Demonstrate Financial Need
To learn more about “need” and use a calculator to estimate Expected Family Contribution and Need, visit FAFSA4caster.
Range of awards
Up to $5,000.00
Note: Part Two application elements will be sent out by email after Part One is complete.
*This application is closed for the 2019‐2020 academic year. Please visit us again on April 1, 2020 to apply for the 2020‐2021 academic year.
Presbyterian Study Grant Guidelines
Supplemental Grants are awarded to Presbyterian Study Grant (PSG) selected students with need who meet the restrictions for the supplemental grants. Supplemental grants include:
- Racial Ethnic Supplemental Grant
- Native American Supplemental Grant