Presbyterian Study Grant is the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)’s financial aid program for students planning for careers in the church. The program serves approximately 100 students per year. Because the number of students awarded is significantly less than the number of students enrolled in seminary, there are additional restrictions. Only MDiv and MACE students are eligible for award and those students must be enrolled full-time and demonstrate need. MDiv students entering seminary must be under care of Presbytery, and advanced to Candidacy by November 1 of the student’s third year of studies to continue to be eligible. MACE students must be a member of a Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) congregation.
Presbyterian Study Grant applications that are found to be complete for students eligible to receive an award are considered by reading committee. No more than 100 students are awarded each year. After a student is selected for a Presbyterian Study Grant award, the student is evaluated for supplemental grants based on need. Supplemental grants are awarded to promote diversity, and/or to observe donor restrictions.
Presbyterian Study Grant is a competitive selection program. Students are advised to review and follow the guidelines.
- Active member of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
- Limited to MDiv and/or MACE
- MACE students are not required to be Inquirer/Candidate
- MDiv (also MDiv/Dual Degree) students entering years 1 and 2 must be an Inquirer or Candidate
- MDiv (also MDiv/Dual Degree) students entering year 3 must be a Candidate
- Enrolled full time at an ATS accredited seminary (May include field education, and less than full-time in final year of studies)
- Demonstrate Financial Need after the student has been considered for aid by the seminary or divinity school
To learn more about “need” and use a calculator to estimate Expected Family Contribution and Need, visit FAFSA4caster.
Range of awards
Up to $6,000.00
- People of Color Supplemental Award up to $2,000.00
- Native American Education Grant up to $2,000.00
Students with renewal links and in-process applications on Kaleidoscope have until May 22, 2022 to complete their application.
Program closed for new 2022-2023 applications.
Endorsers have until June 1 to respond to requests for recommendations.
Award announcements will be available after August 1
Presbyterian Study Grant Guidelines
Supplemental Grants are awarded to Presbyterian Study Grant (PSG) selected students with need who meet the restrictions for the supplemental grants. Supplemental grants include:
- Racial Ethnic Supplemental Grant‹
- Native American Supplemental Grant