In an effort to encourage clergy to preach and teach on Christian ecology at least once a month, a new free resource called EcoPreacher 1-2-3 has just been launched by Rabbi Yonatan Neril (founder and Executive Director of the Interfaith Center for Sustainable Development) and the Rev. Dr. Leah Schade (Assistant Professor of Preaching and Worship at Lexington Theological Seminary in Lexington, Kentucky and author of Creation-Crisis Preaching: Ecology, Theology and the Pulpit (Chalice Press, 2015)). Drawing from Eco Bible, an ecological commentary on the Hebrew Scriptures co-authored by Neril, Rev. Dr. Schade provides sermon preparation for preaching about caring for God’s Creation that is short, accessible, and based on a solid biblical foundation.
God’s Creation needs good preaching! Good preaching needs God’s Creation!
• Discover a new perspective for engaging the Bible that deepens and expands your faith.
• Learn how we can proclaim justice for God’s Creation in the face of climate change and other environmental issues.
• Be equipped with the knowledge and tools you need to make your preaching relevant, courageous, and creative.
• Be inspired to make a difference for our planet, your community, and our future.
EcoPreacher 1-2-3 offers a brief “eco-exegesis” for interpreting a Hebrew text from the Revised Common Lectionary for that Sunday. This is followed by one “eco idea” for the basis of the sermon, two “eco questions” to go deeper, and three “eco actions” to choose from to help a congregation put their faith into action. With this resource, preachers can use the sermon ideas in their own context and make it relevant for their congregation.
• Adaptable to your preaching context
• Sparks ideas for sermon preparation
• Providing knowledge and tools to make your preaching courageous and creative
Sign up to receive EcoPreacher 1-2-3 resources at this link: https://www.interfaithsustain.com/ecopreacher-123/