When we work to protect creation, we are answering God’s call to till and keep the garden (Genesis 2:15). In the face of deepening ecological crises caused by climate change, our call to act as earth’s caretakers takes on more meaning.
- Urge your members of Congress to support legislation which embodies Carbon Pricing as adopted by the 223 General Assembly. Read more background at our carbon pricing page. The bipartisan Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act is one current piece of legislation that needs support.
- Examine environmental justice concerns in your own zip code
- Embrace your Power as a Shareholder. Do you or your congregation hold investments in companies through stocks? This resource will help you leverage your power as an investor: Activating your Power as a Shareholder. MRTI makes recommendations for Presbyterian shareholders based on the mission goals and policies of the General Assembly. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Learn about other congregations’ projects to install solar panels
- Invest in Environmental Investments with the Presbyterian Foundation
- Consider a loan for energy efficiency upgrades with the Presbyterian Investment and Loan Program’s Restoring Creation loan.
- Read from international mission partners how Climate Change Exacerbates the Impacts of Extractive Industries in Peru
- Connect with the Presbyterian Hunger Program’s environmental work
- Take the Climate Care Challenge
General Assembly Policies
- Restoring Creation for Ecology and Justice
- On Responding to Environmental Racism and to Promote Environmental Justice
- Carbon Pricing
- The Power to Change: U.S. Energy Policy and Global Warming
- Guide to Going Carbon Neutral
- On Support of the United States Environmental Protection Agency
2019 Lent Calendar (Low-carbon activities)
Climate and Food poster
Climate and Water poster
Climate and Disasters poster
15 Steps to talking about climate
Let’s Talk: Faith and Climate guide