When we work to protect creation, we are answering God’s call to till and keep the garden (Genesis 2:15). In the face of deepening ecological crises caused by climate change, our call to act as earth’s caretakers takes on more meaning.
- Become a Climate Ambassador!Take the free on-demand training on how to inspire others to take action on climate change that makes a difference. Go to: https://ecoamerica.litmos.com/self-signup/, enter in the code PCUSABTAmbassador21 to register then, check your email for the invitation to set up your profile and get started!
- NEW! NUEVO! Entrenamiento Virtual Gratuito: Cómo Liderar en el Cambio Climático y la Fe. Cómo Empezar. La capacitación virtual gratuita y autodirigida se puede completar según tu propio horario a lo largo de seis (6) semanas. 1. Ve a la página de registro aquí. 2. Ingresa el código del curso: tierra. 3. ¡Busca la invitación en tu correo electrónico para iniciar sesión!
- View and share the above “Jesus Calls Us” video at https://vimeo.com/370339034
- Accept the PC(USA) Climate Care Challenge by committing to personal and outward engagement on climate concerns
- Help your church become carbon-neutral/climate-positive through the Greening Congregations guide and becoming an Earth Care Congregation, using the EPA Energy Star for Congregations program with its congregational workbook and the free online tool Portfolio Manager, and offsetting your building use through Blessed Tomorrow carbon offset program with Cool Effect.
- Urge your members of Congress to support legislation which embodies Carbon Pricing as adopted by the 223 General Assembly. Read more background at our carbon pricing page. The bipartisan Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act is one current piece of legislation that needs support. Learn more with an informative 45 minute recorded presentation at: https://youtu.be/x9iySAJn99A
- Examine environmental justice concerns in your own zip code
- Embrace your Power as a Shareholder. Do you or your congregation hold investments in companies through stocks? This resource will help you leverage your power as an investor: Activating your Power as a Shareholder. MRTI makes recommendations for Presbyterian shareholders based on the mission goals and policies of the General Assembly. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Learn about other congregations’ projects to install solar panels
- Invest in Environmental Investments with the Presbyterian Foundation
- Consider a loan for energy efficiency upgrades with the Presbyterian Investment and Loan Program’s Restoring Creation loan.
- Learn from international mission partners how Climate Change Exacerbates the Impacts of Extractive Industries in Peru
- Connect with the Presbyterian Hunger Program’s environmental work
Resources to learn more and educate others:
15 Steps guide to talking about climate
Let’s Talk: Faith and Climate guide
Climate and Food poster
Climate and Water poster
Climate and Disasters poster
Tread Lightly for Lent Calendar (Low-carbon activities) from Presbyterian Hunger Program
General Assembly Policies
- Restoring Creation for Ecology and Justice
- On Responding to Environmental Racism and to Promote Environmental Justice
- Carbon Pricing
- The Power to Change: U.S. Energy Policy and Global Warming
- Guide to Going Carbon Neutral
- On Support of the United States Environmental Protection Agency