Did you "Tread Lightly for Lent" and enjoy participating in earth care and learning more about eco-justice? Here are some ideas for further action and learning surrounding earth care. Please feel free to contact Environmental Ministries anytime if your congregation wants ideas for or needs help with earth care activities.
- Sign up for the Eco-Notes e-newsletter from Environmental Ministries at http://www.pcusa.org/environment/subscribe.htm.
- Organize a service project at your local food bank.
- Organize a stream clean up in your area. American Rivers can help with this at
- Organize an event surrounding environmental issues at your church.
- Look into serving fair trade coffee through the Presbyterian Coffee Project at your church at http://www.pcusa.org/coffee/church.htm.
- Organize a light bulb swap to change out incandescent light bulbs with CFLs in a low income neighborhood. The National Council of Churches Eco-Justice Program offers tips for this at http://www.nccecojustice.org/carbonreduction/crcyouthgroupcfl.php?.
- Start a recycling program at your church.