- See if anyone at your church would like to organize a care for creation group to integrate earth care into all facets of church life. Environmental Ministries can help you get started.
- Learn about how to become involved with Presbyterians for Earth Care, an Eco-Justice Network that cares for God’s Creation at www.presbyearthcare.org
- Take a walk and collect all the trash you see and recycle it (or throw if necessary).
- Check your tire pressure to be sure that your tires are properly inflated. Properly inflated tires can improve your gas mileage by 3.3%.
- Fix any leaky faucets. A faucet that drips once per second can waste 3,000 gallons of water in a year.
- Stay up to date on environmental legislative issues from the Presbyterian Washington Office. Subscribe to the e-newsletter at www.pcusa.org/washington
- Plant seeds for a garden, even a window garden. If it is too early to plant in your region, plan for your garden at www.almanac.com/content/beginners-vegetable-garden
Throughout the Lenten Season, daily ideas for learning or action on environmental issues from "Tread Lightly for Lent" were posted on our Facebook page and blog. Download the full "Tread Lightly for Lent" Calendar. Share about your journey while Treading Lightly for Lent in the comment section here, or go to the Environmental Ministries Facebook page.