For any of you in the Washington D.C. area, the PC(USA) Washington Office sent this email yesterday asking for participation in a Climate Witness event next week:
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Washington Office along with Church World Service, the National Council of Churches, United Methodist Women's Division and others are planning a Climate Witness at 10:00am on Thursday, November 5th at the United Methodist Building (100 Maryland Ave., NE, Washington, DC 20002).
The purpose of the event is to urge Congress to act on climate legislation and to urge President Obama to attend the Copenhagen Climate Conference in December. Church World Service and the National Council of Churches have collected around 12,000 "Countdown to Copenhagen" postcards that will be delivered to members of Congress and representatives of the Administration during and after the event.
1. Plan to attend – and bring your church's banner or sign.
2. If you are a clergy, you are welcome to wear a collar or stole.
3. Encourage others in your congregation and community to come. Place an announcement in this Sunday's bulletin.
4. Let Anna Rhee know if you and others can help deliver postcards to Congressional offices on the afternoon of Nov. 5th.
5. If you are not in the DC area, please be sure to sign the Countdown to Copenhagen pledge before November 5.