Over thirty Presbyterians, including fourteen young adults, will attend the 60th Session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women from March 14-25, 2016 in New York. The Presbyterian presence is made possible because the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is an accredited non-governmental organization with the United Nations’ Economic and Social Council. The Presbyterian delegation is recruited and supported through a partnership between Presbyterian Women in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), Racial Ethnic & Women’s Ministries, and the Presbyterian Ministry at the United Nations.
Learn more about Presbyterian participation in the Commission at:
- Presbyterian Ministry at the United Nations’ Facebook page
- Presbyterian Women’s Facebook page
- Racial Ethnic Young Women Together’s Facebook page
- Young Women’s Ministry & Presbyterian College Women Facebook page
- Stop Sexual Violence PC(USA) Facebook page
- The Swords into Plowshares blog
Presbyterian Women Justice and Peace blog
Ecumenical Women’s blog
Ecumenical Women’s Facebook page
The Commission on the Status of Women’s Facebook page
UN Women’s 60th Commission on the Status of Women Web Page
Watch for additional sources of information.
The priority theme for the 60th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women will be “Women’s empowerment and its link to sustainable development”.