The Presbyterian Ministry at the United Nations has a long history in the global community. Active in the United Nations since its formation in 1945, the church has held special consultative status through the UN Economic and Social Council since 1998. This allows the Presbyterian voice to be heard by the global audience and contribute to its agenda by attending conferences, making statements and taking part in advocacy and networking.
Amid the restless spirits and often-tough diplomacy of the United Nations, the Presbyterian Ministry at the United Nations helps inspire, equip and connect Presbyterians for ministry as faithful disciples of Jesus in the global community. We educate with the hope of helping individuals live out God’s call in Christ to live with compassion, seek peace, and pursue justice wherever they go.
The 222nd General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) directed “the Presbyterian Mission Agency to facilitate dialogue events regarding Boycott Divestment Sanctions (BDS), which would include the authors of the 2005 civil society call and our interfaith partners who oppose the BDS movement and any interested Presbyterians.”
On January 25, the Presbyterian Mission Agency will host a dialogue for interested Presbyterians in New York City.
Registration is now open
For more information, please contact Sue Rheem at the Presbyterian Ministry at the United Nations at 212-697-4568 or email@example.com.
Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Decision to Boycott
The 220th General Assembly (2012) approved a denomination-wide boycott of all Israeli products coming from the occupied Palestinian territories by a 71% vote. The motion included:
- Call upon all nations to prohibit the import of products made by enterprises in Israeli settlements on Palestinian land.
- Call for the boycott of all Israeli products coming from the occupied Palestinian Territories. Products include:
- AHAVA Dead Sea Laboratories Beauty Products and dates grown by Hadiklaim, The Israel Date Growers Co-Operative Ltd, often marked by the brand names: King Solomon Dates and Jordan River.
- Other Israeli products made in occupied Palestinian Territories are listed at whoprofits.org.
- Direct the Stated Clerk to communicate this action to all other PC(USA) councils and entities and invite and strongly encourage those groups and organizations to endorse this boycott until significant progress toward Palestinian rights and independence can be reported to the General Assembly or General Assembly Mission Council.
- Read the full resolution
- Read a letter from Gradye Parsons, Stated Clerk of the General Assembly
Find resources to help interpret and carry out the campaign from the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), other denominations, and ecumenical and secular organizations.
PC(USA) Boycott Flyer: Download
Four-page product summary: Download
Bulletin Insert: Download
Minute for Mission: Download
Holy Discontentment: Boycott! The Power of the Pocketbook to Create Social Change Download