The summer of 2012 has seen a number of groups hold seminars at the Presbyterian Ministry at the United Nations.
- Children from the summer program of the First Chinese Presbyterian Church of New York City learned about child soldiers and made red hands
- Young people from the House of Hope Presbyterian Church in St. Paul, MN and young Arab and Jewish Israelis from Givat Haviva dreamed of working for peace
- Young people from the House of Hope Presbyterian Church in St. Paul, MN and Trinity, Bethel, and Emmanuel Presbyterian Churches in New York, NY explored issues related to human movement
- The 4-Church Youth Group from Rockland County, NY explored living a public faith as followers of Jesus
- An intergenerational group from The First Presbyterian Church of Caldwell, NJ considered issues related to Israel and Palestine
- Youth from Covenant Presbyterian Church, Palo Alto, CA learned about child soldiers
Each seminar brought moments of learning. When will your group schedule a seminar?
Thanks to summer interns Sophie Beal, Elodie de Bethmann, and Johnstuart Winchell for their help with the seminars. Thanks to Church of the Covenant for hosting the seminar with the First Chinese Presbyterian Church of New York City.