@presbyun is participating. Will you
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance provides aid to refugees and displaced persons on behalf of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
On Wednesday, June 20th from 9 am to 9 pm EST, Blue Key supporters are taking over Twitter once again to support refugees!
We want to encourage as many people as possible to take action on World Refugee Day — June 20th — to raise awareness for refugees.
The main ways anyone can get involved include:
- Change your twitter/facebook profile photo to a Blue Key.
- Take a pledge to stand with Angelina Jolie as she raises awareness for refugees!
- Order a Blue Key for yourself or a friend
- Download a print-at-home sticker sheet of Blue Keys to wear and share with friends! (PDF here). Use label sheets compatible with Avery 5160 (found in most office supply stores.)
- Watch UNHCR’s series of “Dilemma” videos to put yourself in a refugee’s shoes.
- Watch and share best-selling author Khaled Hosseini’s World Refugee Day video.
- Text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR. (Messaging/data rates may apply. Terms: mgive.org/t )
About the Tweetathon:
A tweetathon is a fun way of supporting the Blue Key campaign and giving refugees a voice. Just like in a good old-fashioned telethon, we’re going to talk #WorldRefugeeDay all the way from 9 am – 9 pm ET that day.
All you have to do to participate is visit http://twitter.com/search/%23worldrefugeeday and tweet a message of support for refugees using the #WorldRefugeeDay hashtag.
*Please post your Twitter handle in the comments below so we can look for you!
To prepare, just make sure you’re following @UNRefugeeAgency (that’s us). Then, whenever you can on June 20th, sign into Twitter and follow the #WorldRefugeeDay hashtag to participate in the conversation.
You don’t have to tweet the whole time — just whenever you have a few minutes to chat!
Here are a few copy-and-paste tweets you can use… but please be sure to get creative as well! We’d love to hear why you support refugees, how you’re making a difference, and your ideas for celebrating World Refugee Day.
- Please RT: In honor of #WorldRefugeeDay, text REFUGEES to 50555 to donate $10 to USA for UNHCR. Terms: mgive.org/t
- If you believe 1 family forced to flee is too many, join #AngelinaJolie in spreading compassion for #Refugees! http://ow.ly/aRojc
- Every minute, 8 people flee home to escape conflict/persecution. If you believe even 1 is too many, get a #bluekey http://ow.ly/aTTQa
- YOU can hold the #bluekey to a better future for 43 MILLION #refugees around the world. Here’s how: http://ow.ly/71nsH
- Each minute 8 people are forced to flee war/conflict. Watch these videos; put yourself in their shoes http://ow.ly/bBnxC
- “Kite Runner” author Khaled Hosseini says “anyone can be a refugee” http://ow.ly/5d59P Your $5 #bluekey could help change that. Get 1 now!
- If conflict threatened your family, what would you do? Could you survive? Download UNHCR’s new mobile app http://rfg.ee/aEjki #refugees