New year, new year’s resolutions. At the beginning of each year most of us make new year’s resolutions. But how about our churches? Did your church resolve to better communicate with its members and the community? Let the Presbyterian Mission Agency partner with you to help your congregation make its communications resolutions realities. Schedule a customized daylong communications workshop at your location. The workshop covers goal-setting, defining your audiences, benchmarks, different communications channels and media relations. You will learn also how to look at your church’s website with fresh eyes and get the most out of social media such as Facebook, Twitter and others.
Why not resolve to:
Learn communications strategies to connect with your community
Share the Good News in a changing world
- Learn to build excitement and energy in your congregation using proven communications tools and techniques
- Multiply the power of your ministry by identifying and sharing your stories through the Presbyterian News Service
Join the Presbyterian Communicators Network
- As part of our connectional church, the Presbyterian Communicators Network brings together church communicators from synods, presbyteries and congregations.
Extend your ministry with social media
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and other social media platforms are excellent tools to help build excitement about your congregation, attract visitors, start conversations and more.
Make our stories your stories
- Looking for fresh, timely content for your website, bulletin, newsletter, blog, social media posts, sermons and other church communications? You may freely reuse and share PC(USA) news article and stories in their entirety for non-commercial purposes in any medium.
Subscribe to free publications
- The Presbyterian Mission Agency offers free subscriptions to the Daily Lectionary and e-newsletters covering a wide selection of topics to stir your passions and keep you informed.
Tags: build excitement, church, communications, communications workshop, communicators network, congregation, facebook twitter, media, mission agency, new year's resolutions, presbyterian, presbyterian communicators, presbyterian communicators network, presbyterian mission, presbyterian mission agency, resolutions, social, social media, stories, year's resolutions
How do we schedule a Communications Workshop?
Here is the link to schedule a workshop. I look forward to working with you.
Schedule a workshop
What is the cost of hosting a workshop and what needs to be provided by the host?
Good morning Beth. There are no fees for us to conduct a workshop. You would need to offer lunch to participants but some of the presbyteries pass that cost on to the participants. Please feel free to give me a call with any other questions or for further details.