To help congregational leaders understand more about their church and its needs, we developed tools to offer research strategies for positive church improvement. These tools are particularly helpful if your congregation is conducting a mission study, preparing to call a new pastor or working on a long-range plan.
- Church Trends in Your Congregation: Statistical summary based on the Session Annual Statistical Reports submitted to the Office of the General Assembly. See how things have been changing in your congregation. Church Trends replaced the former ten-year trends, and now provides five-year trends. If you need data beyond five years, please contact email@example.com and we will be happy to share that data with you.
- Demographic Report: Learn about the people who live in the community around your church. The Demographic Report can help your congregation identify mission and outreach possibilities.
- Congregational Surveys: A survey can give your congregation a picture of who worships there (including age and marital status of members, average length of church membership, etc.), information about the strengths and priorities of church programs, and tools for strategic planning. Use a congregational survey to identify and build on your congregation’s unique strengths.
- Research Strategies for Congregations: A packet of easy information gathering tools designed to help you learn more about your worshipers and your local community.
- RCMS data (Religious Congregations & Membership Study): Details about the number and types of congregations and their members in every state, county, and metro area in the United States. Learn more about the religious landscape where your church is located.