Application Deadlines for 2017/2018 YAV class:
- Application Season begins: October 1, 2016
- Early Decision Placement: December 1, 2016
- Round 2: February 1, 2017 (Final deadline for International Placement)
- Round 3: April 1, 2017 (National Only)
- Last Call: June 1, 2017 (Final Date to Apply- National Sites Only)
Current Miami YAV, Natalie Wolf, wrote a blog post documenting her advice and experience with the YAV application. Want to hear first hand from her?
Personal & Church Information, Education, Employment [Please make sure your contact info is correct, and your email address will be valid for the next year.]
Reflection Questions (1000 Character limit on all essay questions)
- What has led you to apply for service with the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)? Why do you feel that the Young Adult Volunteer program is the right fit for you?
- Describe an area of your life in which you have recently grown in your Christian faith. How did you see God at work in the process?
- Describe an experience you have had with a person or group from another race, religion, culture or country. What did you learn from that experience? What, if any, impact did that experience have on your life?
(Returning YAVs have different essay questions)
Two References Required
First year applicants: Pastoral, Professional
Returning YAVs: Site Coordinator, Work placement supervisor
Name, phone number, and email for each, along with type of relationship
Do not list family members as a reference
Personal reference is optional
You will be emailed each time one of your references complete their form. If you have not received such email, please know that your references are not complete. You will be able to check back on your application dashboard to see if your references have completed the form. Please contact Bridgette Lewis, firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-728-7228 x5274 if you need assistance with your reference forms or other parts of your application.