When children hear about people in need, they want to do something.
The Jerry Can curriculum engages young worshippers in understanding the needs of others, especially in times of disaster, and showing what they can do to help.
This curriculum centers on Jerry Can, a fun, energetic character that connects our response to disaster with one common denominator: the need for access to clean water.
Created by Christian educators, the Jerry Can curriculum can be presented in a single lesson or across five sessions.
The curriculum includes:
- Lessons with Jerry Can
- Map exercises to make connections between the lessons and real places and events
- Fun arts, crafts and games to extend the learning experience
- Science experiments blended with lessons from Scripture
- Ways children can respond to help others
- Suggestions for music and snacks (recipes included)