Presbyterian Mission Agency communicators receive 11 DeRose-Hinkhouse Awards
by Gail Strange | Presbyterian news Service
LOUISVILLE — Presbyterian Mission Agency communicators won 11 DeRose-Hinkhouse Awards from the Religion Communicators Council (RCC) at the organization’s annual convention in Atlanta on April 5.
The RCC is a professional association for those working in communications for faith-based organizations. RCC members include editors, writers, designers, photographers and videographers.
The annual DeRose-Hinkhouse Memorial Awards, named in honor of the late Victor DeRose and the late Paul M. Hinkhouse, who were leading lithographers in New York City and strong supporters of the RCC, are presented to RCC members who demonstrate excellence in religious communications and public relations.
Presbyterians Today magazine received the organization’s highest honor — “Best in Class.” The magazine received top honors in the “Class B Periodicals — Single Issue” category for the October/November 2017 issue Facing Racism.
This year’s winners ― recognized for their work during 2017 ― were chosen from more than 250 entries. Along with the “Best in Class” awards, RCC handed out “Awards of Excellence” and “Awards of Merit.”
“I am so proud to work with such a group of accomplished communicators,” said Kathy Francis, senior director of communications for the Presbyterian Mission Agency. “This recognition from the RCC speaks to the caliber of our communications team and the materials they produce.”
Other PC(USA) award winners include:
- Sue Washburn, Jeffrey Lawrence, Karen Bosc, Jennifer Cash, Mark Thomson — Award of Excellence, Magazine, National
- Kathy Melvin — Award of Merit for Newspaper or Magazine News, Single Story
- Emily Odom — Award of Merit for Newspaper or Magazine News, Single Story
- Gail Strange — Award of Excellence, Magazine Article, Single Story
- Donna Frischknecht Jackson — Award of Merit, Magazine Article, Single Story
- Sue Washburn — Award of Excellence, Editorial, Magazine Article
- Jeffrey Lawrence, Charles Wiley, Sue Washburn, Karen Bosc, Jennifer Cash, Mark Thomson — Award of Merit, Editorial, Magazine Article
- Paul Seebeck — Award of Excellence, Television, Single Segment
- Paul Seebeck — Award of Merit, Video Promotional/Informational
- Mark Thomson — Award of Excellence, Special Print Materials
You may freely reuse and distribute this article in its entirety for non-commercial purposes in any medium. Please include author attribution, photography credits, and a link to the original article. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDeratives 4.0 International License.
Categories: Presbyterian News Service
Tags: design, editing, journalists, pcusa, presbyterian, presbyterians today, pt, publications, rcc, religion communicators council
Tags: award of excellence, award of excellence magazine, award of merit, award of merit for newspaper, bosc jennifer cash mark, bosc jennifer cash mark thomson, cash mark thomson award, jennifer cash mark thomson, jennifer cash mark thomson award, karen bosc jennifer cash, karen bosc jennifer cash mark, magazine article single story, magazine news single story, mark thomson award, mark thomson award of excellence, merit for newspaper or magazine, newspaper or magazine news single, presbyterian mission agency, presbyterian mission agency communicators, thomson award of excellence
Ministries: Presbyterians Today