Next Monday, the Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival will launch a season of nonviolent moral fusion direct action in Washington, DC and across the country, and we need you to join us. In communities across America—Black, white, brown and Native—we have built a Poor People’s Campaign to become what Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. called “a new and unsettling force in our complacent national life.”
The Poor Peoples Campaign: A National Call for a Moral Revival is uniting tens of thousands of people across the country to challenge the evils of systemic racism, poverty, the war economy and ecological devastation. Each week of the 40 days of action will have an issue focus.
On May 14, we will make the demands of the poor and dispossessed known to our failing leaders in Washington, DC by standing together in the US Capitol and at State Houses around the country. Sign up now to join us in nonviolent moral fusion direct action next Monday.
Weekly Themes of 40 Days of Action
WEEK ONE (May 13-19) – SOMEBODY’S HURTING OUR PEOPLE: Children, Women, and People with Disabilities in Poverty
WEEK TWO (May 20-26) – LINKING SYSTEMIC RACISM AND POVERTY: Voting Rights, Immigration, Xenophobia, Islamophobia, and the Mistreatment of Indigenous Communities
WEEK THREE (May 27-June 2) – THE WAR ECONOMY: Militarism and the Proliferation of Gun Violence
WEEK FOUR (June 3-9) – THE RIGHT TO HEALTH AND A HEALTHY PLANET: Ecological Devastation and Health Care
WEEK FIVE (June 10-16) – EVERYBODY’S GOT THE RIGHT TO LIVE: Education, Living Wage Jobs, Income, Housing
WEEK SIX (June 17-22) – A NEW AND UNSETTLING FORCE: Confronting the Distorted Moral Narrative
June 23 – Global Day of Solidarity and Sending Forth Call to Action Mass Rally in Washington DC
40 Days: Weekly Schedule
Sundays: Mass Meetings: National Broadcast @TBD
Mondays: Nonviolent Moral Fusion Direct Action @ 2 pm in State Capitols
Tuesdays: Teaching Tuesdays – National Webinar 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm EST
Thursdays: Theomusicology and Movements Arts Culture
By engaging in highly publicized, nonviolent moral fusion direct action, the Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival will force a serious national examination of the enmeshed evils of systemic racism, systemic poverty, ecological devastation, the war economy and our distorted moral narrative. These enmeshed evils know no boundaries. That’s why we need people who care about this nation to build something better.
- Read more about PC(USA)’s endorsement of the Poor Peoples Campaign Here.
- Find bible study and reflection resources on the campaign Here.
- Find an event near you HERE
- To find out more about actions and trainings in your state, contact your state coordinating committee by emailing YOUR STATE[AT]POORPEOPLESCAMPAIGN.ORG (for example if you live in Alaska contact Alaska@poorpeoplescampaign.org) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RSVP to Nora Lecccese, email@example.com if you plan to journey to DC for any of the 6 weeks of moral action.
- Tell us about your participation! Share the info graphic and post on social media with the hashtags #PoorPeoplesCampaign #PCUSA