Friday, July 10
|Share with a friend|
Synod of Lincoln Trails
The Synod of Lincoln Trails is committed to the development, nurture, and support of leaders. In 2014–15, we are doing this by
• continuing to invite newly ordained teaching elders into a three-year program (six 48-hour retreats) for nurture and support;
• offering quarterly continuing education and support gatherings for those serving as commissioned ruling elders;
• partnering with the Synod of Mid-America to provide transitional ministry education to teaching and ruling elders who serve congregations and other groups in seasons of transition;
• supporting the Theocademy project of the Synod of Mid-America as it provides education for church members, officers, and leaders, as well as those studying to become commissioned ruling elders;
• being in covenant with African American congregations in the Presbytery of Chicago as they endeavor to reduce violence in their South Side neighborhoods; and
• partnering with our member presbyteries to support ministerial vitality.
In the words of the church’s Form of Government, our synod is “supporting the ministry and mission of its presbyteries as they seek to support the witness of congregations, to the end that the church throughout its region becomesa community of faith, hope, love, and witness” (Book of Order, G-3.0401).
The Synod of Lincoln Trails serves eight presbyteries and 616 congregations and their 103,846 members.
—Carol McDonald, former synod executive
Let us join in prayer for:
PC(USA) Agencies’ Staff
Ronald Lauriano, PMA
Jeffrey Lawrence, PMA
Let us pray
For those you have called to lead your church, O God, we give you thanks. Be with those who teach, preach, and care for the least of these. And to all of your children, give the peace of Christ and the community of the Holy Spirit. Amen.