The Grow the Movement for Justice: A Three Part Grassroots Advocacy Training Webinar series teaches movement leaders how to harness and exercise communitypower to build just and faith-driven movements.
- “Deepening your Relationship with Elected Officials,” focuses primarily on forging a relationship with elected officials. Upon watching this webinar, viewers should hope to:
- Learn to navigate the Capwiz site, an online advocacy tool
- Master the ins and outs of an in-district meeting with your member of Congress, including how to prepare before the meeting, what to do during the visit, and how to follow up after the execution
- Begin to understand the importance of building advocacy teams
Watch the first installment of this webinar series:
2) Participants should learn about the elements that make a strong and healthy team in, “Building a Strong Team.” In addition, viewers should hope to understand how to build relationships across difference and how to run a team meeting. This webinar includes suggested actions to take at your first team meeting, a template agenda for your gathering, and designated roles for attendees could play.
Watch the second installment of this webinar series:
2) “Grow the Movement,” explains how to maintain a healthy team. This webinar teaches audiences how to engage (new) members, conduct one-on-ones, and how to address conflict within your team, should conflict arise. The webinar also outlines the different levels and steps of engagement; provides a sample agenda for a one-on-one meeting, and explains the anatomy of an apology (a concept developed by Rania El Mugammar).
Watch the third and final installment of this webinar series:
Tags: advocacy, agenda, elected officials, grow the movement, healthy, healthy team, installment, installment of this webinar, installment of this webinar series, meeting, movement, relationship, relationship with elected, relationship with elected officials, series, strong, team, team meeting, watch, webinar series