Updated March 22, 2018
We are so looking forward to seeing you at the March for our Lives on March 24th! The march route has been officially announced, so I have some updates for you as prepare to join us in DC. If you haven’t already, register with March for Our Lives and download the app for day-of updates.
PC(USA) Meet-Up Time
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Office of Public Witness, is excited to welcome Presbyterians to hospitality space for gathering prior to the march graciously hosted by National Capitol Presbytery and New York Ave Presbyterian Church. We will gather at 11 a.m. at New York Ave Presbyterian, 1313 New York Ave NW, and then march together to the noon rally on Pennsylvania Avenue. For more information, contact Karen at email@example.com.
March Program and Route
The official march program begins at noon and will take place on Pennsylvania Avenue, between 3rd and 12th street NW. More information on the program and route can be found on the March for Our Lives website.
We are expecting big crowds for the march, so here are a few tips for your time in DC:
- Wear comfortable shoes and dress in layers. Right now the weather looks like it will be in the 50s, and standing outside for hours can get chilly. Keep an eye on the forecast and consider packing a poncho or rain gear if rain seems likely.
- Pack a water bottle and be sure to stay hydrated.
- The Metro will likely be the best way to get around the city. If you’re planning to take the Metro and you have access to a vendor before March 24th, consider purchasing your SmartTrip Card in advance, so you don’t have to wait in line to purchase a ticket when the stations are most crowded. You can download a Metro map here.)
- Cell service may be hard to access in the crowd. If you’re in a group, plan a meet up spot in case you get separated. Consider printing or downloading a map of DC to your phone in advance so you have directions if you need them.
- Small bags and backpacks are allowed, but cannot be larger than 18” x 13” x 7” – More information on what to bring (and not bring) is available on the march website.
- Finally, join us in worship on Sunday! You can find local congregations here.
We are so looking forward to seeing you. Travel safely, and if you have any questions, please contact Nora Leccese, firstname.lastname@example.org