Jerry Can has a number of fun activities he wants to share with children around the country to help them learn about the importance of water. Follow the below instructions to make your very own tornado in a bottle, and check out the Presbyterian Giving Catalog’s Jerry Can Curriculum for additional lessons and activities!
Gather the following items:
- 1 clean, empty 8-oz plastic bottle with lid
- Liquid dishwashing detergent
What to do:
- Fill bottle ¾ full with water
- Add one teaspoon of vinegar and one teaspoon of dishwashing soap into the bottle
- Sprinkle a small amount of glitter into the bottle and tightly close the lid
- Hold the bottle in both hands and shake in a circular motion
- Watch a tornado appear!
Don’t forget to take a picture of your kiddos making their tornados and sharing on social media! Tag @GivingCatalog and use #pgcJerryCan, and we’ll send you #makingadifference t-shirts!