Violence against girls in schools reduces the number of girls in school. Why is this important? Poverty, sickness, and sustainable development depends on education first.
The Global Education First Initiative reports that if we educated our girls…
· 12 million children would be saved from stunted growth.
· 64% fewer early marriages
· 59% fewer early pregnancies
· 10% increase in wage earnings for every 1 year of schooling
· 49% fewer child deaths if all women completed secondary school
· 66% decrease in maternal mortality if all women completed primary education
Spokesperson for girls’ education and Nobel peace prize winner, Malala Yousafza, has become an advocate for the 66 million girls are deprived of education world wide. Malala says, “I am not raising my voice it is the voice of those 66 million girls.”