Our sisters and brothers greeted us with song on March 3. They sang us into their spacious sanctuary. A bell tower rose above the maize field outside the church.
Words of welcome were exchanged. The choir provided more songs. A drama group offered a presentation. A tour of the garden project followed. Distance from the source of water poses a challenge to caring for the garden. Nonetheless, its produce will supplement the diet of people living with HIV/AIDS.
Kaphuta Presbyterian Church engages in a variety of ministries responding to HIV/AIDS:
· HIV/AIDS is addressed in some way each Sunday during worship
· Home Based Care to terminally ill patients, many of whom have HIV/AIDS
· The drama troupe provides education on HIV/AIDS
· The encouragement of voluntary testing
· A Community Based Child Care program
· A youth group
The church has built a maize mill where maize is ground to meal. Proceeds from the mill support the child care program.
The people of Kaphuta Presbyterian Church, their pastor the Rev. Greyson Munwimbili and other leaders, truly are on fire with the love of Jesus Christ.