The Thoughtful Christian has several adult studies related to the topic of Christian-Muslim interfaith relations. Each study includes a leader’s guide.
- Islam — 4 sessions Click here for a sample.
The purpose of these sessions is to give participants a basic understanding of the history of Islam; its holy books and central doctrines; the geographical, religious, social and political dimensions of the spread of Islam, and the history of Muslim and Christian relations to encourage deeper understanding and respect today.
- Introduction to the Koran — 2 sessions Click here for a sample.
The purpose of these sessions is to familiarize participants with the origin, form and function of the Koran in Islam; to help Christians discover the similarities and differences between the Koran and the Bible; and to provide an overview of the Koran’s content.
- Shi’ites and Sunnis — 1 session Click here for a sample.
The purpose of this session is to understand the fundamental differences betweenSunni and Shi’ite Islam.
- Interfaith Marriage — 2 sessions Click here for a sample.
These sessions focus on identifying the challenges and opportunities faced by those in interfaith marriages, as well as exploring the views of Christianity, Islam and Judaism regarding marriage and interfaith marriage.
- The Search for Truth About Islam: A Christian Pastor Separates Fact from Fiction by Ben Daniel
- Competing Fundamentalisms: Violent Extremism in Christianity, Judaism and Islam by Sathianathan Clarke
- Being Reformed series: Islam and Christianity Leader’s Guide
- The Islamic Jesus: How the King of the Jews Became a Prophet of the Muslims by Mustafa Akyol
- Islam without Extremes: A Muslim Case for Liberty by Mustafa Akyol
- Muslims, Christians and Jesus by Carl Medearis
- A Deadly Misunderstanding by Mark Siljander
- The Faith Club: A Muslim, A Christian, A Jew – Three Women Search for Understanding by Ranya Idliby, Suzanne Oliver and Priscilla Warner. Appendix includes practical information on how to start a faith club.
- Suggested book list.
- What is the Truth About American Muslims? Organized and produced by Interfaith Alliance and Religious Freedom Education Project of the First Amendment Center, this educational booklet provides answers to questions about religious freedom and dispels myths about American Muslims.
Need more resources? Contact Ellen Sherby, coordinator for Equipping for Mission Involvement, at email@example.com or Stephanie Caudill, mission associate for Equipping for Mission Involvement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.