Congregation Action Steps on Climate
- Encourage your church to become a PCUSA certified Earth Care Congregation.
- Switch out your light bulbs for LEDs.
- Host an energy audit of church buildings and implement suggested changes.
- Learn about other congregations’ projects to install solar panels.
- Purchase renewable energy through your local utility if available.
- Invest in Mission-Driven Investments with the Presbyterian Foundation.
- Consider a loan for energy efficiency upgrades with the Presbyterian Investment and Loan Program’s Restoring Creation loan.
- If you are a PC(USA) employee with aa 403(b)(9) plan through the Board of Pensions, consider investing in companies specifically working to have a positive environmental impact with the new Pax Global fund.