Check back in the fall
All positions for apprenticeships and residencies are filled for 2017–18.
Contact Sara Hayden to recommend future residents and apprentices or to support this growing initiative.
Applications for 2018–19 will be accepted in late fall 2017.
Leaders of new worshiping communities face the daunting challenge of creating something new that is both contextual and transformative. We want to help.
This year, 1001 New Worshiping Communities will offer several training and support opportunities to enhance your experience and help you and your team start strong—with the support you need to thrive.
If you are currently leading a New Worshiping Community and would like more support, or are exploring a call to be a part of this movement, we encourage you to apply to one of our apprenticeship or residency programs for 2017–2018.
- Nine-month, part-time apprenticeship based in apprentice’s unique context
- Ten-week summer apprenticeship based in Los Angeles, California
Full-time 12-month residencies
- 1001 Residency at the Journey in Charleston, South Carolina
A college campus-focused worshiping community
- 1001 Residency in Ontario, California
In collaboration with Westminster Presbyterian Church (bilingual Spanish-English opportunity), the resident will assist in starting a NWC in a predominately Latino community.
- 1001 Residency in Chicago, Illinois
A residency in collaboration with Friendship Presbyterian Church. Friendship Church is a transforming community, working together to deepen our faith, nurture our spiritual growth and to hear the ways in which God is calling us to be agents of love and justice in the world.
- 1001 Residency at the Beacon in Philadelphia
A residency in a neighborhood faith community that focuses on strengthening the community through faith, art and storytelling
- Broad Street Ministry’s Pastoral Immersion Program in Philadelphia
A residency in a broad-minded Christian community that practices radical hospitality and works for a more just world through civic engagement
Regardless of the program, all residents and apprentices will take part in:
- Discerning and starting new ministries from scratch
- A weeklong national training—June 12-15—in Los Angeles, California
- A cohort of peers and mentors throughout the duration of the apprenticeship or residency
- One: one coaching with an experienced NWC coach
- Apprentices will receive a stipend of $3,500 (nine-month) or $2,500 (summer) to support them in this program.
- Residents will receive a $15,000 stipend in addition to housing and a $1,500 health insurance stipend.
Applications are due March 15, 2017, and applicants are interviewed and accepted on a rolling basis. Refer to the links provided to download specific applications and find additional details. Email email@example.com 1001 Associate and Director of Apprenticeships and Residencies for 1001, to discuss options.