Read a letter from J. Herbert Nelson
May 24, 2011
Friends of the PC(USA) Office of Public Witness (OPW):
I want to thank you for your support of the OPW and its ministry on behalf of the PC(USA). During the past year we embarked on a new journey that calls for a paradigm shift in implementing our justice advocacy. You may have observed the revamping of the Internship Program that brought two interns to our office in the spring. We look forward to welcoming four interns and fellows this summer. Our community organizing model brought nearly 200 Presbyterian participants to the first Compassion, Peace and Justice Training Day and Ecumenical Advocacy Days events held in Washington, DC. We attracted the largest constituency of the 50 ecumenical groups sponsoring the events. We are blessed to be in our 65th year of “speaking truth to power in love” in the nation’s capital. Our staff is thankful for the growing base of support that we are experiencing through your assistance.
Today, you are experiencing a new look with our communications strategy, both online and in print. We are providing a more user friendly format and updating our appearance.
- Branding. You will notice the denominational brand prominently included in both our design and text.
- Reporting. The redesigned Washington Report to Presbyterians will be published quarterly, both in print and online.
- Action Alerts. You will receive email action alerts with specific focus on the issue priorities of our office, which are determined annually based on General Assembly policy and the outlook for legislation in the current Congress. To learn more about our priorities for the current 112th Congress, please download our 2011 Issues Brochure. We will be sending action alerts on an average of every two weeks. This frequency will allow our office time to answer your questions and formulate alerts that are strategically sensitive to the Congressional agenda.
- Social Media. We are now on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Find us, Like us, Follow us, Subscribe to our channel. Video messages will make up a significant portion of our future Witness in Washington communications.
- Website. We will continue to post important information, announcements and publications on our website.
Help us to reach out to you on social media: Like Us Follow Us Subscribe to our channel
If you experience trouble using our action alerts or have questions about our any of our new communications tools, please contact our office at (202) 543-1126 or email us.
We solicit your prayers in the work that is ahead of us. .
Thank you for your support!
In the faith we share,
J. Herbert Nelson