Advocacy Training Weekend 2014
“Guide our feet into the path of peace.” (Luke 1:79)
March 21-24, 2014 in Washington, D.C.
Many types of violence afflict our world. Come to the Advocacy Training Weekend to address the causes of that violence and to seek hopeful solutions. Training will kickoff March 21, 2014 with Compassion, Peace and Justice Training Day, a special pre-conference for Presbyterians. Learning will continue with our ecumenical sisters and brothers during Ecumenical Advocacy Days the remainder of the weekend.
"Through prayer, worship, speakers, and advocacy training we will discover a faith-based vision for national policies that “guide our feet into the path of peace” (Luke 1:79), all culminating with Monday’s Congressional Lobby Day on Capitol Hill."
compassion, peace and justice TRAINING DAY
- Date: Friday, March 21, 2014
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Location: New York Avenue Presbyterian Church (1313 New York Ave. NW)
- Cost: $70 (CPJ Day, not attending EAD), $50 (CPJ Day, also attending EAD), $30 (CPJ Day, students/youth under 30)
Ecumenical advocacy days
- Date: Friday, March 21 - Monday, March 24, 2014
- Time: Begins at 7:00pm March 21
- Location: Crystal City Double Tree (300 Army-Navy Drive)
- Cost: $210 (Friday through Monday), $100 (Friday and Saturday only), $100 (Sunday and Monday only)
Invite your congregation to attend
Bulletin Insert: Download