How to establish a new SDOP committee
How to establish a new SDOP Committee
- Minimum five members
- Majority racial ethnic
- Majority Presbyterian denomination
- Chair must be Presbyterian
- No waiver available
- Either a mid council staff person must meet with the committee or the chair must be a clergy person.
Workshop (every three years)
- New committees must have a workshop to be certified.
- The majority of the members must attend the workshop for it to be valid.
Certification cycle (two years)
- The Certification Application needs to be fully completed and readable.
- The certified committee will receive a letter informing them of the amount available to fund projects for the current year.
- The committee does not need to resubmit the application for the second year of the certification cycle. A letter will be sent with the amount available to fund projects for that second year.
- For the next certification cycle the committee will receive a letter informing the date to submit a new Certification Application.
Send to the Louisville office for each funded project:
- Project Evaluation form
- Request for Payment form
Deadline: no later than December 31 (every year); preferably by December 15