Apply for a Self-Development of People internship
Technical assistance provider
Applicants must reside in Detroit
Want to make a difference in your community? Are you interested in and have experience in social and economic justice work? The Presbyterian Committee on the Self-Development of People is looking for an intern in the Detroit area to work in low-income communities. As an intern you will help economically poor people in your community help themselves by improving their lives. You will do this through:
- Working with community groups in the defined area to encourage the development of partnerships
- Providing technical assistance to groups seeking guidance to complete grant applications
- Promoting and conducting Self-Development of People information sessions (community workshops) in the region
What is in it for you?
- The successful candidate will receive a stipend of $9000 for 8 months
- Create a community network within your area
- Increased confidence in your knowledge and skills to work with economically poor, oppressed and disadvantaged people
To apply please send resume and letter of interest to Margaret Mwale with “SDOP Position Application” in the Subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately.
One Great Hour of Sharing ministries