Criteria for Thank Offering grants
Order a 2011 Thank Offering packet.Order
Download a Thank Offering grant application in PDF format.
Download a Thank Offering grant application in Word format.
Give to the Birthday Offering
In order for projects to be funded:
- Have a clearly defined purpose that meets basic human needs. The purpose must be in accordance with mission goals and policies of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
- Provide a form of aid that relates directly to the people being served.
- Be a creative project less than three years old or an existing project moving in a new direction.
- Notify Cindy Goodman if other funding for the project is received. Notification must be received before February 1.
- Tell how your project will improve the lives of people to be served — now and in the future.
- Indicate how your project will work with women, children, youth, young adults, racial-ethnic people and/or persons with disabilities to enhance their quality of life.
- List all other sources of money being requested and/or already awarded for this project.
- Tell how the program will continue after the grant (if received) is spent.
- Explain the process to be used to report progress and to measure success.
- Provide written endorsement from a presbytery or synod of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). Please allow six weeks to obtain an endorsement from the presbytery or synod in the PC(USA). Written endorsements from a congregation, a PW in the Congregation Coordinating Team, a PW in the Presbytery Coordinating Team or a PW in the Synod Coordinating Team are encouraged, but not required.
- Be signed by the proposal writer and a board chair or other responsible person.
Grants awarded must:
- Be a one-time grant, although the project may not be complete in a single year. The project must be underway within 12 months of receiving funds.
- Not be used for payment of current debts, for creating or maintaining revolving loan funds or to fund a permanent endowment. Funds requested cannot be used as part of a general operating budget
Grant recipients must:
- Must return an interim report and all supporting documentation before the second payment will be made. The first payment will be 70 percent of the total amount awarded and will be sent by May. Upon receipt of the interim report by September 1, the remaining 30 percent will be released by December 1. The second payment will be forfeited if the interim report is not received. Return one- and two-year follow-up reports once received to the PW office.
- Notify the PW office of any change of leadership or address. Email Cindy Goodman or fax to (502) 569-5741.
Priority will be given to applicants who have not been funded previously by the Creative Ministries Offering Committee.
Twelve (12) separate packages need to be assembled and include:
- Application form
- Endorsement letter
- Budgets (must be in U.S. currency)
- Completed W-9 form (for domestic projects)
- Completed Statement of Confirmation of Identity by Third Party (for International project)
- Proposal form checklist
Staple top left corner of each package and mail to Presbyterian Women, Attn: Cindy Goodman, 100 Witherspoon Street, Room 3065A, Louisville, KY 40202
Do not use any type of folders or binders while assembling the packets and do not attach the cover letter to the application.
Filing date: September 15 (postmarked)
Decision: February or March
Funding: First payment — May; Second payment — by December 1 if the interim report is received by September 1