Presbyterian Women in the Synod
Presbyterian Women in the Synod (PWS) exists to build community, affirm women’s calls to leadership and serve as a link between Presbyterian Women in the Presbytery and Presbyterian Women Churchwide.
At the most basic level, every PWS group
- elects its own leadership — the coordinating team
- plans and implements a yearly program and determines its own budget
- participates in PW programming, such as use of the Horizons Bible study, celebration giving and mission interpretation
- supports the mission of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) worldwide through education, interpretation, global awareness and financial and material gifts
- develops the leadership abilities of women
- preserves historical records of PW
- maintains connections with PW at other governing body levels
- encourages support of PW’s affiliations
The programming for a Presbyterian Women in the Synod group depends on the level of involvement the group has committed to. Some PWS groups are very active with multiple projects; others meet once or twice a year for projects that are particularly important.
Update contact information
Submit your changes in PW presbytery leadership using the PW database change notice.