Presbyterian Women’s Search Committee
Presbyterian Women’s Search Committee finds and nominates leaders for the following triennium’s leadership team. Currently, the Search Committee is accepting nominations for the following leadership positions on the 2015–2018 Churchwide Coordinating Team:
- vice moderator for justice and peace concerns
- vice moderator for mission relationships
- board secretary
- Finance Committee chair
- Search Committee moderator
- Search Committee member
- African American member at large
- Asian American member at large
- Hispanic/Latina American member at large
- Korean American member at large
- Middle East American member at large
- Native American member at large
- young woman member at large
Nominate a woman you know for one of these positions!
Download nomination form as a Word document.
Download the nomination form as an electronically fillable PDF.
Please be sure to consult the woman you are nominating before completing the form, and familiarize her with the expectations for members of the Churchwide Coordinating Team. Nominations are accepted and processed as they are received. All nominations should be postmarked or emailed by November 1, 2013.
Basic time requirements: At least 40–50 days per year
(Meeting expenses and travel expenses are covered)
- Is a member of a PC (USA) congregation or a clergy member of a PC(USA) presbytery.
- Attend two Churchwide Coordinating Team (CCT) meetings annually for approximately five days each, including travel days. Meetings may convene on weekdays and weekends.
- Be assigned to a committee, which meets during CCT meetings. Additional committee assignments may include committees, which meet in person or teleconference between CCT meetings.
- Attend the PW Churchwide Business Meeting as an observer at the beginning of term and as a Voting Representative at the end of term.
- Attend at least a portion of a General Assembly at least once during term.
- May be asked to represent the PW/CCT at special events or conferences and submit a written report to the CCT.
- Check email at least every two days and expect two or more telephone conference calls between CCT meetings.
- A position may have additional time requirements, such as meeting before or after a CCT meeting.
- Vice moderator for mission relationships becomes a member of Church Women United’s Common Council.
- Vice moderator for justice and peace concerns becomes a member of the Presbyterian Mission Agency (PMA) Advocacy Committee for Women’s Concerns.
- Moderator becomes a voting member of Presbyterian Mission Agency Board and is expected to attend meetings.
- Finance chair is expected to be available to meet with the treasurer and auditor through telephone and/or e-mail.
- Racial ethnic members at large (REMALs) are expected to participate in meetings and gatherings of their constituency groups, also encouraged to attend their synod meetings.
- Search moderator and search team members shall not succeed themselves and are ineligible for nomination to the CCT during their term.
- If employed, maintain good communication with your employer. Arrange with employer to have a flexible working schedule allowing you to participate in the mission and ministry of PW/CCT.
Contact the search committee
If you’re ready to submit a nomination form or have questions about the nomination process, contact your area’s representative on the Search Committee.
Western Region (includes Synods of Southern California & Hawaii, Pacific, Alaska/Northwest, Rocky Mountains and Southwest)
West Central Region (includes Synods of Lakes and Prairies, Mid-America and Sun)
East Central Region (includes Synods of Trinity, Covenant and Lincoln Trails)
Southeast Region (includes Synods of South Atlantic, Living Waters and Mid-Atlantic)
Northeast Region (includes Synods of the Northeast and Boriquen/Puerto Rico)
For additional information about the nomination and search process, contact search committee moderator Virginia Champlin.