Presbyterian Women in the Presbytery
Presbyterian Women in the Presbytery (PWP) exists to build community, affirm women’s calls to leadership and serve as a link between Presbyterian Women in the Congregation and Presbyterian Women in the Synod.
At the most basic level, every PWP group
- elects its own leadership — the coordinating team
- plans and implements a yearly program and determines its own budget
- participates in PW programming, such as use of the, such as use of the Horizons Bible study, celebration giving and mission interpretation
- supports the mission of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) worldwide through education, interpretation, global awareness and financial and material gifts
- develops the leadership abilities of women
- preserves historical records of PW
- maintains connections with PW at other governing body levels
- benefits from the services of the PW leadership network
- encourages support of PW’s affiliations
The programming for a Presbyterian Women in the Presbytery group depends on the level on involvement the group has committed to. Some PWP groups are very active with multiple projects; others meet once or twice a year for projects that are particularly important. Check with your PW in the Congregation to find out what your PW in the Presbytery is doing.
Update contact information
Submit your changes in PW presbytery leadership using the PW database change notice.