Donate to Disaster Relief--USA Disasters & Emergencies
Your faithful giving is deeply appreciated.
Midwest-Southeast USA tornadoes February/March 2012
Message from the Rev. Susan C. McGhee, Executive Presbyter of The Presbytery of Ohio Valley
A Call to Prayer from Carol McDonald - Synod Executive, Synod of Lincoln Trails
Presbytery of Transylvania Mission Efforts – letter from Richard Smith, General Presbyter
How you can help
Stand in the GAP for disaster survivors.
- Possible future volunteer opportunities: Contact the PDA Call Center by email or call (866) 732-6121 to let them know of your teams’ interest in volunteering to help with recovery and rebuilding efforts. Eden Carroll will take your information and let you know when volunteer opportunities arise.
- Prepare Gift of the Heart Kits. When widespread disasters occur, there is usually a need to replenish the supply to ensure a sufficient quantity for future disaster situations. Learn more about hygiene kits, baby kits, school kits and clean up buckets.
- Sign up to receive PDA RIN (Rapid Information Network) emails to be aware of current responses and urgent needs you can share with your congregation.
Pray. Our best response is prayer. Please pray for those in the storm-stricken communities including congregations, families, and those seeking to salvage what little the storms left behind. Also pray for strength for those offering assistance, and for those who will participate in the recovery efforts in the upcoming days and months.
- Prayers in Times of Trouble and Disaster, prepared by the PC(USA) Office of Theology and Worship
- Gift of the Heart Kits, bulletin insert
- Clean Up Buckets Needed, bulletin insert
- Service of Pastoral Care following the destruction of a home, prepared by the Office of Theology and Worship
- Bulletin Insert - “I will turn their mourning into gladness…”
RDO Customer Service (formerly PresbyTel) answers your questions about the PC(USA). Call (800) 872-3283 to talk to a consultant.