Materials for worship
Mission minute material
Out of the Depths — worship resources for terror attacks
A collection of theological reflections and liturgical expressions exploring the nature of suffering, disaster, faith and the presence of God in the aftermath of September 11. Order from the Church Store.
- 2011 Lent Litanies
- Advent and Lenten Litanies (by the Presbyterian Church in Canada)
- Litany for Rebuilding Community
- Litany for God's People in Times of Distress
- Prayers in Times of Trouble and Disaster
- Prayers of the People Following Disaster - by the Rev. Dr. Clinton McCoy, Executive Presbyter of the Presbytery of Northern New York
- Pray for the Recovery of a Burned Church
Service of pastoral care for those who have lost a home to earthquake, fire, flood, hurricane, tornado, or other disaster (adapt for specific needs and local circumstances.)
Hurricane Relief Worship Service
Prepared by PDA National Response Team member Laurie Kraus, pastor of the Riveria Presbyterian Church in Miami, Fla.
Hymns and poems
- A Prayer for Our Children, hymn related to gun violence by Carolyn Winfrey Gillette.
- God of Creation, hymn related to hurricanes by Carolyn Winfrey Gillette.
- God We’ve Known Such Grief and Anger, hymn by Carolyn Winfrey Gillette.
- God, You Wrap Your Love Around Us – Blanket Sunday hymn
- Through the Cloud and Out of Chaos, by the Rev. Laurie Ann Kraus, dedicated to survivors and disaster caregivers following 2005 Hurricanes Katrina and Rita
- We See the Waters. hymn related to floods and storms by Clay Gunter.
- Whatever You Do, hymn by Carolyn Winfrey Gillette
- O Mighty God, So Strong To Save – lyrics and sheet music and lyrics
- Who is My Neighbor?, hymn inspired by the parable of the Good Samaritan, by Carolyn Winfrey Gillette